Mike Holmes, the star of HGTV’s Holmes and Homes and Holmes Inspection, has been bringing his twenty years of construction, renovation and contracting experience to home owners since 2001. When not showing home owners what to look out for when buying, updating and fixing their houses (and doing the fixes himself), he’s put his muscle to work in New Orleans, helping to rebuild homes there to help residents affected by Katrina.
Now the bane of crooked contractors, the avenger of bad home renovation and defender of the screwed-over now has a magazine of his own.
In November, the premiere issue of Holmes Magazine hit the stands. One wonders if Holmes will be on the cover of every magazine, like Oprah is on O or Ryan Reynolds seems to grace every issue of Men’s Health (I can’t be the only one who’s noticed this?).
Regardless of the cover image, readers can be sure to expect loads of useful information when it comes to projects around the house, hiring contractors and picking home improvement issues to tackle.
Cover stories from the current issue include:
• Contractor’s Corner: Pros, Trucks & Tools
• Make Your Kid’s Room Eco-friendly: How to Detox & Renovate Safe
• Protect Your Home From Old Man Winter
• Keeping it Clean: Government Air Quality Project Shows Homeowners How to Breathe Right
• The Skylight Revolution: Why the Addition of a Skylight is Right for You
Holmes Magazine publishes six times a year. A subscription is available for $28.50 for Americans and Brits and $23.50 for Canadians.