Home Depot had an iPhone and iPod Touch app out for a while – but they’ve totally demo’ed it, drawn up new plans and rebuilt it from the ground up – kind of like Heidi Montag but not as sad. The app is now available just in time for your holiday shopping and holiday water damage. Whichever.
This free app comes packed with all kinds of goodies including:
- In-store maps of every Home Depot store in the U.S. to help you easily find the section you need
- Tape measure that uses your shoe size to calculate any horizontal distance such as the width of your garage door for garland or lights
- Interactive caliper that measures the length or width of objects used for your home improvement or holiday decoration project
- Nut and bolt finder that helps you identify the size of an existing nut, bolt or screw whose mate goes missing
- Room size calculator that helps you figure out how much paint, drywall, flooring or insulation to buy for those “holiday break” projects
- Hundreds of how-to DIY video guides and customizable supply lists
Snazzy, huh? Check out additional details on the Home Depot iPhone App and download it for free. Word has it that an Android version is also on the way.