Has anyone ever said, “your writing is hilarious!”? Do you have experience with power tools, woodworking, remodeling, electrical, plumbing, origami or adult toys? Origami and adult toy skills are totally optional by the way. Are you willing to work for free or for far less than you’re truly worth in exchange for limited fame, notoriety, and occasional “free” tools and home improvement products? If so, you might have a shot at writing for HomeFixated!
Please Ignore This Page If:
- You’re an SEO person and want to “include a couple links” in your submission.
- You’re writing on behalf of someone else
- You’re not funny
- You’re not knowledgeable about the topics we focus on
- You intend to include affiliate links
- You’re looking for a short term gig
Bonus Chances For:
- Following the instructions below precisely.
- Not submitting content with spelling and grammatical errors.
- Being proficient with writing in WordPress.
- Not pestering us after you submit something. We’ll contact you if we see a possible fit.
Article Submission Guidelines:
- Originality – The article must be entirely yours and not published elsewhere. Anything you submit should be for HomeFixated’s exclusive use.
- Topics – Read HomeFixated before submitting content to us. We write about tools, remodeling, how-to, DIY resources, etc. Please don’t send us content about knitting. Try to solve a problem for people and impart some really insightful information.
- Research – Don’t send us content that’s just a mashup of other articles online. The more unique and useful the content, the better. Content that you have personal expertise and experience with tends to perform best.
- Length – 500 word minimum.
- Images – Attach any images you’ve taken, and/or include links to images you think are relevant.
- Bio – Include 2-3 sentences that sum up who you are. Make it funny and include any background that might make you look “experty.” We include a byline on all guest posts.
- Personal Info – Tell us why you want to write for HomeFixated.
How To Send It:
Find our fearless leader’s first name only (here’s a clue, it’s near the top of our “about” page and spelled with a “c” at the end, where you might normally find a “k”), and add “@homefixated.com” to create the secret email address. Yup, we’re making this tricky! Then simply email your submission. No guarantees we’ll publish, but if we dig it, we’ll get in touch asap!