Up in the Great White North where this HomeFixater resides, American beer is strictly for small children and the elderly. But now there is another interesting use for it (besides bait in the Slugx Slug Trapper) – fertilizer!
This “recipe” for lawn fertilizer was found and adapted from eHow. To be honest, we’re not totally convinced this works, but some people claim it’s the miracle cure for their lawn. If you do give it a try, let us know your results.
Here’s what you need:
1 cup Epsom salts
2 cups of warm water
1 six-pack of beer
1 cup ammonia (Widely used, but also Caustic & Hazardous according to Wikipedia, be safe)
1 hose end sprayer
And here’s what you do:
1. Dissolve the Epsom salts in the warm water.
2. Add one can of beer to the salt solution.
3. Pour this entire solution into a hose end sprayer.
4. Pour the ammonia into hose end sprayer (this is saved for last simply because it’s stinky and fumey).
5. Turn on the hose and generously spray your lawn fertilizer all over your yard.
6. You’ll notice that you have five cans of beer left. Those, my friend, are for you.