February 14th is coming up and if there’s a woodworker in your life, you may want to consider giving him or her one of the latest from HomeFixated sponsor, Rockler: The Stanley Sweetheart Low Angle Jack Plane.
Newbies and expert carpenters alike have long anticipated new releases of Sweetheart line of planers from Stanley. For a while there, Stanley had discontinued its premium line in favour of more affordable planers. This made the old Sweethearts a mighty coveted tool. Thankfully in the last few years, Stanley brought this line back and has re-earned its reputation as top-quality woodworking tool maker.
The low angle jack plane is one of those tools that is a staple for every carpenter. It allows the user to make a wood surface more even and smooth without a lot of strain. Nearly every movie or TV show you see where someone is working with wood in their garage involves them using a plane like this. If they’re lucky, it was a Stanley Sweetheart.
The Stanley Sweetheart Low Angle Jack Plane, also known as the Stanley No. 62:
- Is 2-1/2″ wide x 14” long
- Has a 2” wide and 3/16” thick A2 steel blade with a bevel up iron (this allows you use this in lieu of a jointer plane)
- Is honed to an angle of 25° and is micro-adjustable to 30°
- Has a solid cherry handle and knob for an easy, firm grip
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty
- Features the Stanley SW logo – so if it’s a gift for a loved one, the heart on the plane saves you from writing a soppy card
Rockler has the Stanley Sweetheart Low Angle Jack Plane available now for $179.99.