We’ve talked before about the advantages of reel mowers – the type that requires neither gas nor electricity to cut grass; these have no environmental impact, no bad-for-people fumes, no operating costs, no noise, and they give you a bit of exercise. Now we’re keen to talk about the next generation of reel mowers that are even easier to use.
Making waves … or a more appropriate idiom … a cut above the rest – is the Fiskars Momentum Reel Mower. This model is engineered to be smarter in several ways. Here are some of them:
- The Momentum Reel Mower is more ergonomically savvy than most on the market. An ergonomic handle with a padded grip for comfort & control and a quick and easy one-touch cut height adjustment system are incorporated in the design. The overall engineering has shown that this model is 30% easier to push than most mowers.
- Fiskars provides more flexibility through adjustable heights for grass cutting. The VersaCut™ design delivers the greatest cut range of any reel mower – with cut height settings from 1” to 4”.
- The mower operates efficiently so that there is less wear on the blades. It does this with the StaySharp™ cutting system that cuts grass without the blades touching – greatly reducing friction.
- The Momentum Reel Mower has two times more cutting power. This allows the user to get through small twigs, weeds, or clumps of grass that would otherwise stop other reel mowers.
- The mower is overall cleaner than many of the market. Its VersaCut™ design completely eliminates uncut strips from under the wheels, making tracking on successive mowing runs easy. Plus, the mower features a unique forward throw grass discharge chute for simple, mess-free operation.
But, you need not take my word for it – just look at how overjoyed Martha Stewart is with hers:
And as you know, Martha Stewart has never been wrong about anything. Well, except the stuff she went to jail for – but you know what we mean.
The Fiskars Momentum Reel Mower comes with a four-year warranty and goes for $249.99 at most retailers across the country.