Music can help nearly any task become more enjoyable. Plus, if movies of the 80s have taught us anything, it’s that home improvement projects get done quickest when they’re set to an inspirational rock song. For that reason, you’re going to want to have a good boom box or stereo on the jobsite.
You may be tempted to haul out your old portable stereo from college, but that’s not always the wisest idea. No matter how meticulous you are, home renovations can be messy. Dust and dirt get kicked up and moisture can become a factor if you work outdoors or among leaky pipes. The average boom box doesn’t fare well in those conditions. For that reason, the Milwaukee M18 Radio with MP3 Compatibility may be for you.
At first glance, this 16 lbs. radio from Milwaukee has the chunkiness and aesthetic of the boom box Transformer, Blaster. Unlike the Transformer, however, it will actually play music and not just sit there like a not-nearly-as-fun-as-you-thought-it-would-be lump (seriously, once he transformed into a boom box, you couldn’t do anything with him – no moving parts! What a rip!).
Here are the core features and benefits of the Milwaukee M18 Radio (lifted directly from the Milwaukee website):
- Exclusive AM/FM Tuner with Digital Processor – delivers highest reception accuracy and signal clarity
- Premium Speakers and 40 Watt Amplifier – up to 6X more power than competitive radios
- Weather Sealed Auxiliary Compartment – protects MP3 players and other audio devices
- Customizable Equalizer and 10-Station Preset – personalized sound and enhanced musical and vocal quality
- AC/DC Versatility – powered by Milwaukee M12™, M18™, V18™, V28® , NiCd 12V to 28V, and AC outlet
Basically, it’s a tough little boom box that can handle being in an environment that would normally cause other stereos to fritz out.
Ohio Power Tool has the Milwaukee M18 Radio on for a sweet $119. It’s a sale price, so get it while it’s hot!